Tomorrow evening, the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce and Professional Services Council (PSC) will honor the best of government contractors at the Annual Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards™. The GovCon awards honor the leadership, innovation and commitment to excellence of individuals and businesses in the region’s government contracting sector. New in 2014, one contractor will be awarded for Program of the Year. The 2014 winners will be named at a November 13 gala dinner at The Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner.
“The companies and executives recognized this evening demonstrate excellence and distinction,” said Jim Corcoran, Fairfax Chamber president and CEO. “This is a highly competitive process and those that emerge as finalists have a great deal to be proud of.”
“As our industry and government enter a new market era, these firms and executives are on the cutting edge, supporting the government’s missions in new, exciting and effective ways,” said PSC President and CEO Stan Soloway. “We are proud of what they, and our sector, have achieved.”
FedPulse congratulates all of the nominees for this prestigious award. This years’ GovCon awards nominees are:
Contractor of the Year (less than $25 million)
- Amyx, Inc.
- Arc Aspicio
- Audacious Inquiry
- IndraSoft, Inc.
- MindPoint Group, LLC
Contractor of the Year ($25-75 million)
- Attain, LLC
- Buchanan & Edwards
- By Light Professional IT Services, Inc.
- Eagle Ray Inc.
- NetCentrics Corporation
- Octo Consulting Group
Contractor of the Year ($75-300 million)
- Agilex Technologies, Inc.
- Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
- Noblis Phacil
- Systems Made Simple, Inc.
Contractor of the Year (greater than $300 million)
- Accenture Federal Services LLC
- American Systems
- MAXIMUS, Inc.
Executive of the Year (less than $75 million)
- Satya Akula, President and CEO, Amyx, Inc.
- Babs Doherty, President and CEO, Eagle Ray Inc.
- Scott Goss, President and CEO, Preferred Systems Solutions
- Kim Hayes, CEO and Co-Founder, The Ambit Group, LLC
- Mehul Sanghani, President, Octo Consulting Group
Executive of the Year ($75-300 million)
- Jay Challa, Chairman and CEO, Ace Info Solutions
- Amr ElSawy, President and CEO, Noblis
- Patrick Murphy, President and CEO, Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
- Julian Setian, CEO, SOS International
- Sharon Virts, CEO and Founder, FCi Federal
Executive of the Year (greater than $300 million)
- Anthony Smeraglinolo, President and CEO, Engility Corporation
- Anne Altman, General Manager, Federal Government and Industries, IBM Corporation
- Ellen Glover, Executive Vice President, ICF International
- Kurt Bergman, CEO, Michael Baker International
- Teresa Bozzelli, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Sapient
In addition to recognizing the best-in-class among the government contracting industry, the GovCon awards also honor a public sector leader who has promoted effective partnership between the sectors. This year, that recognition will go to Air Force Lt. Gen. Wendy Masiello, director of the Defense Contract Management Agency. In addition, Ray Oleson, who was widely admired for his decades of industry leadership, including in his last role as chairman of the Board and co-founder of Salient Federal Solutions, will be posthumously inducted into the Greater Washington Government Contractors Hall of Fame. Both will be honored at the November 13 dinner. The 2014 GovCon Charity Partner is Hopecam of Reston, Va.
Find more information about the Awards at http://www.fairfaxchamber.org.