Federal Media & Marketing Study 2021
CLICK ON ICON TO SEE PROJECT COMPONENT
13th Annual Study On-Demand Release*
Available Thursday, October 21, 9 AM
*Due to COVID-19 and the inability to present results in an in-person breakfast, the 2021 study results are available as an on-demand video and downloadable overview presentation.
ABOUT THE STUDY
In its 13th year, the Federal Media & Marketing Study continues to empower marketers to hone and perfect their strategic marketing campaigns with valuable and reliable data directly from their federal customers. The survey provides key information about the federal audience’s media usage across print, broadcast, social and digital sources. Combining this data with demographics, including job function, location, purchase area and more, marketers have the ability to slice and dice the data and map each to specific media habits, allowing them to target specific audiences.
The survey represents the views of thousands of federal workers in a variety of positions. Whether you are interested in a broad awareness campaign, or a more focused agency-based marketing effort, data from the study can provide you key insights about the media and marketing habits of this tough-to-reach federal market audience.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Job Function and Purchase Responsibility – More than 25 different job functions and areas of purchase, by product and service
- Media Usage – 60+ publications, 100+ websites and mobile sites; 10+ social sites; differences inside vs. outside the Beltway
- Trusted Content – To what extent do decision makers trust news and information from different media sources?
- Time Spent Accessing Content – How much time do government employees spend accessing content online, watching TV, listening to the radio and reading e-newsletters?
NEW IN 2021
- News – Where do federal employees go for breaking and local news?
- Social Media – Are they using traditionally personal social media outlets for work-related purposes?
- Virtual Events and Webinars – What are plans for future event attendance and what is the preference when they are hybrid events? Do webinar hosts matter when it comes to what webinars federal employees watch?
- The Continued Effects of COVID-19 – From media habits to in-person events, what should marketers know to adjust their strategies?
- Staff and Recruitment – What are agency plans for future staffing?
TWO PANEL DISCUSSIONS
Federal Media Panel: Moderated by Aaron Heffron, Market Connections
- Kevin Baron, Executive Editor, Defense One
- Patti Nuttybombe Cochran, Federal Marketing Consultant, Government Matters Media
- Jeffrey Wolinsky, Director of Federal Sales, WTOP/Federal News Network
Federal Marketing Panel: Moderated by Stephanie Geiger, Government Marketing University
- Matt Bechtel, Director of Corporate Marketing, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Allison Mason, Senior Director, Public Sector Marketing, Red Hat
- Darryl E. Peek II, Head of Federal Strategic Partnerships, Google Cloud
ON-DEMAND VIDEO & OVERVIEW RESULTS
The on-demand video and overview results from the 2021 Federal Media & Marketing Study highlights high-level results from our comprehensive study surveying thousands of federal respondents at defense and civilian agencies, inside and outside the Beltway about their use of digital, social, mobile, print and broadcast media. The PDF report provides high-level results of the top digital and print publications, social media sites, and radio and TV (within the DC metro area). Enjoy the on-demand video readout of the results by Market Connections President, Aaron Heffron, along with commentary from industry experts.
BENEFITS EXCLUSIVE TO ON DEMAND PURCHASERS
- On-demand video readout of results
- Limited download of the overview results presentation
- Access to register to one of two exclusive, online small-group discussions with fellow government marketers and influencers*
- 10% discount on the Federal Media & Marketing Study dashboard
*Small group registration is limited to one (1) spot per report. Multiple report purchases will allow for multiple registrations or multiple days. Contact Mari Canizales Coache with questions.
NEED MORE? SUBSCRIBE TO THE DASHBOARD!
The Federal Media & Marketing dashboard allows you to cross-tabulate survey results to create your own customized data views, such as job title and product purchases; or job title and web site visits or publication readership. Pre-purchase and get immediate access to the dashboard’s current 2020 results. The new FMMS dashboard will be updated with 2021 data on November 1.
NOTE: You are purchasing a subscription to a dynamic online data set, not a PDF report. You will receive a user guide in the form of a PDF, and a representative from Market Connections will contact you within 48 hours with your username and password to access the online tool.
AGENCIES: Please contact us for special pricing available for unlimited client usage.
Please note: The Federal Media & Marketing dashboard data will be updated on November 1st, 2021.