The primary purpose of Women in Technology (WiT) is to help women help each other advance their careers. To honor women succeeding in their careers while also mentoring the next generation of leaders, WiT hosts the Annual Leadership Awards.
Colleagues nominate women in the Washington, D.C., technology community for their extraordinary vision, talent and mentorship. The finalists are honored at the Annual Leadership Awards gala, held each year at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, VA.
The 17th Annual Leadership Awards Gala will be held on May 19, 2016. More than 300 attendees will gather to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of WIT, its members and, more importantly, a set of extraordinary female leaders in the technology industry.
This year’s finalists are leaders and innovators, and women who are breaking down barriers. Their talents and accomplishments serve as inspiration not only for women in technology careers, but also for all women in the workforce.
The Finalists Are:
Corporate: Large Market Sector
- Mary S. Craft — Leidos, Inc.
- Jo A. Decker — General Dynamics Information Technology
- Stacey Halota — Graham Holdings (Formerly the Washington Post Company)
- Kay Kapoor — AT&T Global Business – Public Sector Solutions
- Lynn Martin — VMware Public Sector
Corporate: Mid-Market Sector
- Anne Aakre — Evolver, Inc.
- Sonya Jain — eGlobalTech
- Tiffany Jones – iSight Partners
- Sheryl Lemma — Ellucian
Corporate: Small Market Sector
- Rebecca Andino — Highlight Technologies, LLC
- Mary-Claire Burick — Rosslyn Business Improvement District
- Carolyn Parent — LiveSafe
- Alisa Valudes Whyte — Merritt Group
- Sonia Kendall — United States Coast Guard
- Stephanie O’Sullivan — Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- Sophia Paros — Defense Information Service Agency
- Linda F. Powell — Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Margaret R. Staubs — United States Coast Guard C4IT Service Center
- Ashley Baber — CVENT
- Kaylyn Gibilterra — Capital One
- Kylie Johnson — Blackboard, Inc.
- Maria Sasinowski — Microsoft
- Camille A. Stewart, Esq. — Department of Homeland Security
Small Business Entrepreneur
- Susan M. Evans — Evans Incorporated
- Crystal Icenhour, Ph.D. — Aperiomics
- Arti Patel Varanasi — Advancing Synergy
- Lisa Wolford — Constellation West
- Amy Wright — Macro Solutions
- Sara Abiusi — Accenture Federal Services
- Suzanne Campbell — VMware Public Sector
- Annelise Dubrovsky — Appian
- Kimberly C. Smith — Integrity Applications Incorporated
- Cathy Tilton — “CRSA”
- Margaret Archer, Excella Consulting
- Jenny Oh — Booz Allen
- Nancy Powell — Dovel Technologies
- Michelle Richards — AT&T
- Lisa White — Freddie Mac
Women in Defense
- Commander Amy Grable — Coast Guard Telecommunications and Information Systems Command
- Erin M. Thorpe — U.S. Coast Guard C3CEN Portsmouth
- Diane E. Webber, RADM, US Navy (Ret) — National Defense University
Congratulations to all the finalists and nominees.
Sponsorship opportunities for the gala are available. More information about the gala and gala registration will be available soon.