Career Opportunity – Senior Director, Federal Research Services
Market Connections seeks a senior market research professional with strong quantitative and survey development skills, as well as, account growth and project management experience. As a Senior Director, you will manage multiple accounts and oversee the implementation of research projects from conception through client presentation. You will also manage, lead and develop a high performance team of research and marketing analysts. This position includes account growth, development and client relationship management responsibilities.
The Sr. Research Director will identify customer needs; assist in the study design and proposal development process to address customer objectives. You will be responsible for supervising the team on various tasks including questionnaire development, analysis of results, development of conclusions and recommendations, development of written and PowerPoint reports for distribution to clients, and leading the presentation of results to clients.
- Act as strategic confidante and consult with clients to identify new research requirements
- Work with proposal team to design, develop, price and present research proposals
- Act as research subject matter expert on an as needed basis for new account acquisition activities conducted by Business Development Director
- Manage and/or execute all team research initiatives and client projects, both qualitative and quantitative, this may range from project oversight to survey development, analysis and report writing
- Develop and articulate insights and learnings from the research and communicate to clients
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports
- Contribute to initiatives such as continuous improvement of Market Connections processes and other administrative functions
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s+ desired
- 10+ years practical, relevant experience in supplier side market research with specific experience in business to business market research efforts
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing multiple senior and junior research staff and outside vendors
- Demonstrated experience managing and growing client accounts, especially within the government contracting community.
- Advanced competency in research design and analytical analysis (SPSS preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, project teams and senior management
- Well-organized and focused with the ability to manage and work diligently on multiple research projects
- Detail-oriented but able to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial, flexible and fast-paced environment
Please send a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org. All responses will be held in confidence.
The Market Connection’s client base consists primarily, but not exclusively, of companies, large and small, who do business with the government (federal, state, and local). We also work with associations, technology companies, and government agencies serving a diverse mix of consumer and business customers. We offer the opportunity for experience in a variety of qualitative and quantitative projects in a friendly and supportive environment. We hire smart, talented people who want careers, not jobs—and who understand the difference. Competitive salary, health insurance, paid vacation and holidays. Position is primarily home-based with some local (Washington DC area primarily) travel required.