13th Annual Study: On-Demand Video and Presentation Followed by Small Group Discussions
UPDATE! The 2021 FMMS will now be On-demand
Release date: October 21, 2021
Due to concerns with COVID-19 variants, forthcoming mandates, and to protect the health and safety of our participants, we have made the executive decision to transition the 2021 Federal Media & Marketing Study release to on-demand video presentation and download report.
In its 13th year, the Federal Media & Marketing Study continues to empower marketers to hone and perfect their strategic marketing campaigns with valuable and reliable data directly from their federal customers. The survey provides key information about the federal audience’s media usage across print, broadcast, social and digital sources. Combining this data with demographics including: job function, location, purchase area and more, marketers have the ability to slice and dice the data and map each to specific media habits, allowing them to target specific audiences.
The survey represents the views of thousands of federal workers in a variety of positions. Whether you are interested in a broad awareness campaign, or a more focused agency-based marketing effort, data from the study can provide you key insights about the media and marketing habits of this tough-to-reach federal market audience.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Job Function and Purchase Responsibility – More than 25 different job functions and areas of purchase, by product and service
- Media Usage – 60+ publications, 100+ websites and mobile sites; 10+ social sites; differences inside vs. outside the Beltway
- Trusted Content -To what extent do decision makers trust news and information from different media sources?
- Time Spent Accessing Content – How much time do government employees spend accessing content online, watching TV, listening to the radio and reading e-newsletters?
TWO PANEL DISCUSSIONS
Federal Media Panel: Moderated by Aaron Heffron, Market Connections
- Kevin Baron, Executive Editor, Defense One
- Patti Nuttybombe Cochran, Federal Marketing Consultant, Government Matters Media
- Jeffrey Wolinsky, Director of Federal Sales, WTOP/Federal News Network
Federal Marketing Panel: Moderated by Stephanie Geiger, Government Marketing University
- Matt Bechtel, Director of Corporate Marketing, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Allison Mason, Senior Director, Public Sector Marketing, Red Hat
- Darryl E. Peek II, Head of Federal Strategic Partnerships, Google
ON-DEMAND ACCESS and POST-FMMS ONLINE NETWORKING SESSIONS
- ON-DEMAND VIDEO AND REPORT – Our 2021 report and video presentation will be available to download on October 21. Stay tuned for purchasing capabilities
- SMALL GROUP ONLINE DISCUSSIONS – A series of online groups (no more than 20 per session) will be limited to FMMS on-demand purchasers to discuss results and network with like-minded peers following the FMMS release. Details on registration will be available in after purchase.
PURCHASE THE OVERVIEW & VIDEO!
Overview results from the 2021 Federal Media & Marketing Study highlights high-level results from our comprehensive study surveying thousands of federal respondents at defense and civilian agencies, inside and outside the Beltway about their use of digital, social, mobile, print and broadcast media. This PDF report provides high-level results of the top digital and print publications, social media sites, radio and TV within the DC metro area. A video readout and analysis of the results by President, Aaron Heffron, is included with purchase.